[buster-discuss] Refining multisubunit protein complex

James Murray j.w.murray at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 16:36:41 BST 2005

Dear all,

I want to look at a protein complex with a large number of chains in
BUSTER-TNT. I have 19 protein subunits and 2-fold NCS, and many
co-factors, for 38 protein chains and cofactors total. In the original
PDB, the "A","B" etc chains are NCS-related to "a","b" etc chains with
1000 added to the residue numbers. Does BUSTER-TNT only accept single
letter upper-case chain names? If so, how can I encode the chain
sequence and NCS information into the tnt sequence file?
Can I put the "A" and "a" chains into a single chain with a gap in the
sequence? Standalone TNT seems to accept multiple letter chain names,
but unlike BUSTER-TNT does not accept pdb files directly.

thanks for any help/advice.

James

Dr. James Murray
Biochemistry Building