[buster-discuss] Rfree lower than R

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Jul 19 15:39:38 BST 2005

Hi Dirk,

how much does it drop? And does it do so in all resolution shells?

Also, remember that for strict (hard) NCS you need

 1. a PDB file of all 14 molecules: this is needed to generate the
    correct blurred solvent mask within BUSTER.

 2. the correct NCS operators in TNT hard-NCS format (see distributed
    examples): the operators are _from_ the prototype (e.g. chain A)
    _to_ the other 13 molecules (i.e. chain B, C, etc). So you need
    transformations (in TNT convention) for

      A -> B
      A -> C
      A -> D

 3. make sure that TNT isn't complaining about missing atoms (check
    the TNT geometry output link): this could mean something is not in
    synch between PDB file and TNT sequence file.

Hope that helps ...