[buster-discuss] Installation problems

Chris Richardson Chris.Richardson at icr.ac.uk
Fri May 27 14:44:47 BST 2005

Hello,

I have attempted to install Buster-TNT for our users and been defeated
by a couple of problems.  Even with a simple single user/single machine
installation I get the following errors when I try to run the Barnase
tutorial

---%<---

   ERROR in /common/app/buster/buffet/cgi-bin/inputform.cgi

   The following return values are set:

        Child error = 0
        OS error = Inappropriate ioctl for device
        Eval error = 0

   Error message: Error parsing the mtzdump output of
/common/app/buster/users/buster/
   None.buster/datafiles/Barnase.mtz Cell/symmetry/resolution
information is missing

--->%---

I've checked paths and permissions and these all look okay as far as I
can tell with my limited understanding of the way in which Buster
works.  checkBDG.sh reports no problems.

The machine in question is a dual-xeon box running RedHat 8.0 (old, I
know, but required by other software on this machine).  Buster-TNT has
been tried in both an automounted and a local directory and runs under
a dedicated user (buster).  Sharp is running smoothly on the same
machine under a different user and in a different directory.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Chris
--
Dr Chris Richardson - sysadmin, Structural Biology Section, icr.ac.uk