[buster-discuss] buster maps in pymol

Donald Damian Raymond donal at umich.edu
Tue Sep 27 22:22:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am having the same issue opening an MTZ generated by buster in the
latest version of PyMOL.

In refmac where is an option to generate a map around the atoms in the
PDB that will ensure that the map is only generated around atoms in
the pdb.

It appears that the MTZ generated by buster only draws the map in the
unit cell when loaded in PyMOL. However, in many cases some of the
modeled atoms are not in the unit cell. See attached image.

It may be both a buster and PyMOL issue.

-Donald