[buster-discuss] French Wilson

esserlo at helix.nih.gov esserlo at helix.nih.gov
Mon Nov 24 22:11:52 CET 2014

Hi,

  when I convert my data file from phenix.refine which uses intensities to
autobuster which requires amplitudes, I have the option to
"massage-intensities" which is French and Wilson scaling.
My question is whether French and Wilson scaling should be applied or not. Or
should I always test both ways and pick the one that gives lower R-free
values?
This seems like a bit of a trivial question but I could imagine that the
buster developers have strong opinions about how data should or should not be
treated.

Thanks,

   Lothar