[buster-discuss] Error in assignment of symmetry operators

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Jun 20 22:30:12 CEST 2017

Dear Radu,

Dale beat us to a suggested solution ;-)

Actually, BUSTER should check for the molecule being too far away from
the origin (more than 2 unit cells) and should fix this automatically
as part of the initial 'pdbchk' stage. But maybe this default step was
disabled or an odd combination of unit cell dimensions, molecule shape
or stray buffer molecules made this check fail.

What do you get when running

  pdbchk -p your.pdb -o test.pdb

Does it mention the "model rather far away from origin" issue?