[buster-discuss] New snapshot release of the Global Phasing BUSTER software

Gerard Bricogne gb10 at globalphasing.com
Wed Dec 5 15:10:05 CET 2018

Dear BUSTER users,

     We are pleased to announce a new release of the Global Phasing
BUSTER software. As well as containing a large number of improvements
and fixes, it is the first release produced using a newer compiler
version and an updated build system - including the latest version of
the minimizer used in BUSTER. Additional real-space refinement tools
from the PDB_REDO suite have been incorporated into Pipedream, the
handling of chiral centers within Rhofit ligand fitting has been
improved, and the treatment of hydrogen atoms has been further
consolidated.

     As usual, you are invited to acquaint yourselves with the full
details by consulting the relevant Release Notes at

  https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-BUSTER_snapshot_20181127.txt

     Since several of the above-mentioned features constitute first
releases of their respective functionalities, we would welcome your
feedback on their usefulness, on any problems or shortcomings you
might encounteer, and on general outcomes. Any possibility of getting
access to real-life examples would also be highly appreciated.

     With best wishes,

The Global Phasing developers.