[buster-discuss] Creating link dictionary for a ligand cross-linking two chains

Florian Sauer florian.sauer1 at virchow.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Mar 13 10:36:17 CET 2018

Dear Buster users,

I'm refining a 3.5 A structure of a Ubiquitin bound protease. The
Ubiquitin is covalently bound to the protease active site through a
Propargylamide (AYE) which replaces Ub Gly76 and connects the Ub
C-terminus and SG of the active site's Cys.

Following the Buster Wiki tutorial
(https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/wiki/index.cgi?GradeCovalentTutorial)
I have created a *.cif file with the grade webserver containing the
ligand including both covalent bonds Gly->AYE->Cys.

I would now like to create a link dictionary using
covalent_grade_create_linkdic.pl . How can I specify the two covalent
bonds (1) Gly C - AYE N  and (2) AYE C2 -> Cys SG separately with this
script?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Florian

--
Dr. Florian Sauer
Rudolf Virchow Zentrum für Experimentelle Biomedizin