[buster-discuss] Difference in R-factors by Buster and DCC

Ítalo Augusto Cavini italo.cavini at usp.br
Wed Apr 1 17:33:37 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am in the deposition process and I am having considerable differences in
R-factors calculated by DCC compared with Buster values. For one structure
processed at 1.35 A, in Buster we have R=0.224 and Rfree=0.248 but in the
validation report DCC gives R=0.233 Rfree=0.263. And the same does not
happen for structures refined with other refinement tools, Phenix.refine
for example.

By the way, I am using wwPDB OneDep System and PDB_Extract for validation
and I am going straight from Buster output to wwPDB OneDep (no model
changes).

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?
Any insights about how solving this problem are appreciated.

Stay safe,
Italo Cavini