[buster-discuss] New snapshot release of the Global Phasing BUSTER software

BUSTER Developers buster-develop at globalphasing.com
Thu Mar 19 18:06:08 CET 2020

Dear BUSTER users,

We are pleased to announce a new release of our software that
includes multiple improvements and fixes. We greatly appreciate
everyone's effort in reporting any issue encountered and helping
us to improve our software.

  ##  Please note that due to the current Covid-19 interruptions,
  ##  our response times to any report might be slightly longer
  ##  than usual: please bear with us and maybe send a follow-up or
  ##  reminder if we don't get back to you in time. And although
  ##  all possible care has been taken in preparing and testing
  ##  this release, we would recommend keeping your current
  ##  installation (e.g. the previous 20200206 release) working in
  ##  case of unforseen problems due to changed behaviour of this
  ##  release.

The developments within BUSTER center around the behaviour of TLS
refinement: changes in the parameter selection during a TLS
refinement should stabilise the performance of such refinements
and reduce the number of "clipping problem" messages observed by
users.

There have been more improvements and changes - please see the
relevant full Release Notes for further details:

  https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-BUSTER_snapshot_20200319.txt

With best wishes,

The Global Phasing developers