[buster-discuss] New release of the Global Phasing BUSTER software

Buster Developers buster-develop at globalphasing.com
Fri Sep 18 13:20:54 CEST 2020

Dear BUSTER users,

We are pleased to announce a new software release containing numerous
new features, improvements and fixes - several of which are based on
valuable feedback provided by users. We greatly appreciate everyone's
effort in promptly reporting any issue they encountered, as well as
requirements they wished to formulate.

The BUSTER package contains multiple fixes and improvements, e.g. in
the treatment of hydrogens and in the buster-report
analysis. Reporting
in Pipedream (summary.out and summary.xml) has been improved regarding
the appropriate "Table 1" content from autoPROC [1]. This release also
reflects the ongoing work (in collaboration with the wwPDB and the
PDBx/mmCIF Working Group) towards better deposition of model and
reflection data in mmCIF format.

There have been further improvements and changes in BUSTER - please
see the relevant release notes for a full description at

  https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-BUSTER_snapshot_20200918.txt

*** Please note that standard OS support for RHEL/CentOS 6 officially
*** stops on 30th November this year. In accordance with our support
*** policy we will also be dropping support for those Linux
*** distributions from 1st December 2020.

With best wishes,

The Global Phasing developers

[1] https://www.globalphasing.com/autoproc/