[buster-discuss] two questions : one about negative reflections and one about Simulated annealing

Nicolas Foos nicolas.foos at ibs.fr
Tue Jun 22 11:28:58 CEST 2021

Dear buster users and developers,

I have two questions : one simple : is it possible to perform a simulated annealing using buster. I didn't see anything like that in the manual, but maybe I miss it.

The second question : how autoBuster handle the negative reflections present in the data file ?
- Does it ignore them ?
- Does it fill them ?
- Does it set them to zero ?
What's you opinion about that point, should we use them or not. I would be glad to have your opinion about that point.

To let you know a bit more : I am working on time resolve project. The Data were originally collected in XFEL, then processed using CrystFel. And then based on Fo(state1)-Fo(state2) difference map calculation, I did an extrapolation to refine the model. The data which generates my questions are the Extrapolated ones.

I am fully open to any comments.

All the best,

Nicolas Foos