[buster-discuss] Twin refinement - (im)possible in BUSTER??

Jose Artur Brito jbrito at itqb.unl.pt
Fri Mar 25 09:38:16 CET 2022

Dear All,
I am refining a perfectly twinned structure at 2.22 A with twin operator
"-k,-h,-l" in P 21 21 21 (data were initially processed in P 41 21 2
which then prompted for twining).

The MR solution was marginal but I could proceed with model building and
refinement; model is almost 95 % built and refined and R/Rfree are at
22.0%/25.4%. However, I still have quite a few loops and ligands that I
want to build, namely a sirohydrochlorin and a syrohaem.

I have been refining with REFMAC, but I would like to try BUSTER, namely
using the "-L" flag to "flood" the map with waters trying to "bring up"
the most out of the missing electron densities for those moieties.

My question is: does BUSTER copes with twin refinement? Can I specify
the twin operator in the command line?

Best regards, thanks in advance,
Jose

*  Jose Artur Brito, PhD                                           *
*  Membrane Protein Crystallography Laboratory                     *
*  Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica Antonio Xavier      *
*  Oeiras - PORTUGAL                                               *
*  Phone - +351 214 469 760 (office) /  +351 962 452 179 (mobile)  *
*  Website - http://www.itqb.unl.pt/researchers/jbrito             *