[buster-discuss] New release of the Global Phasing BUSTER software package

BUSTER Developers buster-develop at globalphasing.com
Fri Feb 17 12:28:18 CET 2023

Dear BUSTER users,

We are pleased to announce a new release of our software that includes
numerous new features, improvements and fixes in BUSTER and
Grade2. The highlights below are only a small subset of items from the
Release Notes, that should be consulted for full details at

  https://www.globalphasing.com/buster/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-BUSTER_snapshot_20230217.txt

The mmCIF restraint dictionaries produced by Grade2 now use loop
constructs for nearly all categories in order to improve
interoperability with external software. The handling of ambiguous
chiral centres in Grade2 has also been consolidated.

Sequences of BUSTER refinements within aB_autorefine now behave
correctly regarding the transfer of overall scaling B-factors across
individual BUSTER jobs. Additional control over occupancy refinement
has been implemented in the pdb2occ tool, and an option has been added
to allow NQH flips during model hydrogenation.

Please note that Grade is now unsupported. We would encourage you to
move to using Grade2 for restraint generation.

Please remember that these highlights are only a condensed summary of
the much more extensive information given in the Release Notes
referred to at the beginning of this announcement, that you are urged
to consult in full.