[buster-discuss] Anisotropic ADP only for selected atoms

Gerard Bricogne gb10 at globalphasing.com
Thu Oct 26 22:51:31 CEST 2023

Dear Giacomo,

     Thank you for your enquiry.

     At the moment we do not have such a selection mechanism, but let me
suggest another approach. If your data were collected with a typical
wavelength of about 1.0 Angstroem, Cadmium has an f" slightly above 2
electrons, so you should be able to see them in an anomlous difference
Fourier map. You could then use SHARP, with phases from your model given as
external phase information, to refine ADPs for these "heavy atoms. Finally,
you could then add these ADPS to the same Cd atoms in the PDB file of your
model.

     Just a thought, with possibly a number of devils hiding in the details
but with perhaps a chance of success.

     What is the resolution of your data? Where do you do your data
collection?

     With best wishes,

          Gerard.