[sharp-discuss] runsharp.sh and resolution

Derek Logan derek.logan@mbfys.lu.se
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:32:55 +0200

Hi,

I have two questions relating to SHARP, one administrative and one
user-oriented:

1) If I try to run SHARP based on a previous run, I get no log file,
only STDERR with content:

/usr/local/xtal/sharp/bin/sharp/runsharp.sh: pwd: read error in ..
/logfiles/MAD.8: No such file or directory

The second line is obviously a consequence of a variable not being set
by pwd, but why pwd in runsharp.sh doesn't work, I have no idea. SHARP
runs no problem when called by autoSHARP (as witness the fact that I had
some old runs to base new ones on!)

2) Is there an easy way to change the resolution of the phase
improvement procedures? Our input file goes to significantly higher
resolution than the acceptable FOM. I tried editing for_solo.asc, like
one used to do with the old SHARP, but this doesn't seem to help. Of
course one can go and cut off the input MTZ file at lower resolution,
but this is not so convenient.