[sharp-discuss] New SHARP installation problem

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:00:50 +0000

Paul,

my first guess would be that permissions are not quite right: is the
user running the httpd in a different UNIX group than you?

You can check a whole bunch of things with the checkBDG.sh script
from:

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/index.html#trouble

However, if there are permission problems it should generate entries
in $BDG_home/sushi/logs/error_log.

Some other ideas:

  - mount point problems (automounter etc.)

  - hostname used for newmachine command was alis and not real
    'hostname -s' output

  - try starting one of the example autoSHARP runs: these are a bit
    less demanding on setup and maybe give a few more messages?

Hope that helps.