[sharp-discuss] (no subject)

sameeta bilgrami sameeta_b@yahoo.co.in
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 04:25:09 +0000 (GMT)

dear all,
      I have been trying to solve the structure of a
protein through MIR. I have got three derivative
datasets Th, Hg, and Ur. As written in the sharp
manual, due problems of origin shifts and handedness,
it is better to start with SIR. I have thus obtained
one one site for Th and Hg by SIR.The corelation
coefficient(test) for the Th site is 0.12 and that for
Hg it is 0.08. Phasing , refinement and density
modification gives a final map with CC of 57.33% for
the Th derivative and 80.33% for the Hg derivative.
       Now when i try to do MIR taking both the
derivative sets and using one of the sites the
following errors occur:
1) It rejects the site after the first round of
weeding(it happens if the Th site is put or the Hg
site is put)
2) It then goes and finds the site for the other
derivative (whose site was not input). The site it
finds is the same as the one it found by SIR. It then
runs pkmaps and the logfile shows the following error:
"unable to find operatorwith MAXLVL on COMBine card".
What is happening and where am i going wrong. What
should i do to use two datasets together. Why should
the program reject the site it had found earlier
though both the sites have good enough CC(test), and
also give to good enough CC of the map after density
modification.
              Thanking you for your kind attention,
                            yours sincerely,
                              Sameeta Bilgrami

=====
Sameeta Bilgrami
Research Scolar
Deptt. of biophysics
All India Instt. of Medical Scs.
India

Looking for a job?  Visit Yahoo! India Careers
      Visit http://in.careers.yahoo.com