[sharp-discuss] Problem running autoSHARP tutorial

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:13:11 +0000

Hi Derek,

from the fact that you could start an autoSHARP tutorial I assume,
that everything went without problems when doing the (installSHARP,
newmachine, newuser, useSHARP) sequence of commands. You did do the
'newmachine step, right?

The error message looks like SHARP is not setup properly for the
machine XYZ you want to run it on. You can either

  % cd $BDG_home
  % adm/bin/sharp-setup

on that machine XYZ, or just

  % cd $BDG_home
  % adm/bin/newmachine XYZ

Important: when asked about configuring SHARP please say 'y'. The only
parts you can (probably safely) skip is when it asks if you want to
extract the binaries - you did this already during the installSHARP
step.

See docs in

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/index.html#quick
  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/installation/index.html#trouble