[sharp-discuss] AutoSHARP crashing after Scaleit

Alex Taylor taylor@bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:43:30 -0500

Dear SHARP Users,

I am running into trouble running AutoSHARP using MAD data.  I can
howver successfully solve a SAD problem.  The error occurs after scaling
the first two wavelengths as listed below using the IF3-C MAD tutorial
for example:

2.2 second analysis run (exclusion of outliers)
    (details)    (analysis of scaling)    (analysis of scaling)

NOTE    : Scale factor = 0.999

NOTE    : Gradients should be > 1.0 and intercept = 0

Gradient  [probability > 0.9] (centric) = 0.966
                                         (acentric) = 0.765
            Intercept [probability > 0.9] (centric) = -0.068
                                         (acentric) = -0.019

R-factor (F)                            = 0.032
            R-factor (I)                            = 0.040
            R-factor (weighted)                     = 0.044

/usr/progs/osf/sharp_090802/bin/sharp/autoSHARP/scaleit.sh: cannot
create unique file name in "/tmp". awk: Cannot divide by zero. The input
line number is 1. The source line number is 2. awk: Cannot divide by
zero. The input line number is 1. The source line number is 2.
/usr/progs/osf/sharp_090802/bin/sharp/autoSHARP/scaleit.sh: test:
argument expected

I am running the latest SHARP and SUSHI on an Alpha Tru64 5.1A system
with the CCP4 4.2.1 binaries provided by CCP4.  Has anyone experienced
these 'cannot create unique file name in "/tmp"' or awk problems and
solved them?  I tried assigning different tmp directories for sharp,
ccp4, and binsort files and nothing worked so far.

Thanks,

Alex

--
Alex Taylor, Ph.D.