[sharp-discuss] Electron density maps - which columns?

Wulf Blankenfeldt wulf.blankenfeldt@mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:03:07 +0100

Dear Sharpers,

this might be a trivial question showing some ignorance, but:

- after I'm through with sharp and density modification, which mtz-file
and in this mtz-file which columns should I use to generate an electron
density map by fft for model building? I used to use:

eden_flat_xx.xpc.mtz with
labin F1=FBshasol PHI=PHIBshasol

but I just realised that sharp-density modification does a final DM-run
that spits out a somewhat hidden mtz-file (t_dm_yy.mtz   in directory
solo_xx.xpc) for which I could use:

labin F1=FDM PHI=PHIDM

Density seems to look slighlty better with the last, but that may just
be my imagination.

Thanks for any clarification,

Wulf

--
Dr. Wulf Blankenfeldt
	Max-Planck-Institute of Molecular Physiology

NEW NEW NEW 	phone:	+49 -231 -133 -2364 	NEW NEW NEW
FAX:	+49 -231 -133 -2399
e-mail:	wulf.blankenfeldt@mpi-dortmund.mpg.de