[sharp-discuss] why not found licence

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:04:48 +0100

--nhYGnrYv1PEJ5gA2

Dear zhaocai,

the fact that autoSHARP is dying during heavy atom detection is due to
an error in your .licence file (still). You can test your .licence
file like this:

  % cd /where/ever
  % ls -l .licence

  % setenv BDG_home `pwd`                # for csh/tcsh
    - or -
  % BDG_home=3D`pwd` && export BDG_home    # for sh/bash/ksh

  % bin/linux_exe/sharp                  # for Intel/Linux
    - or -
  % bin/alpha_exe/sharp                  # for Alpha/Tru64 (OSF1)
    - or -
  % bin/irixn2_exe/sharp                 # for SGI/Irix

The last step will give an error (something along the line of
parameter file not found). But it should NOT give a licencing
error. If it does:

  1. are you sure you saved the .licence file attachement as-is in
     $BDG_home? No editing is allowed (whis will invalidate the
     licence key).

  2. check the .licence file for 'funny' characters (load it into
     more, less, vi and emacs)

  3. make sure you use the '.licence' spelling

Hope that helps

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:09:31PM +0800, zijie zhou wrote:
> [...]
> locked or died)
>   The program can go smoothly at the first stage including preparinng and
> analysis of the raw data. It give error message when it begin to find
> heavy atom sites.
> thanks a lot.
> zhaocai
>=20
> Clemens Vonrhein ????:
>=20
> > Dear Zhaocai,
> >
> > remember that you need a licence key for each machine you want to run
> > the software on. The initial licence request will cover your
> > departement/lab (and include usually a licence key for one
> > machine). More licence keys (for this initial licence request) can be
> > requested at
> >
> >   http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Clemens
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 02:34:27PM +0800, zijie zhou wrote:
> >> Dear sharp users:
> >>
> >>  I installed the sharp and try to run the accompanied example
> >> (kr-know-site).  I get the following message:
> >>

> >>  This program will not run on this system.
> >> Please contact the SHARP Developers <sharp -develop@globalphasing.com>
> >> for assistance. Include this error message and your $BDG_home/.licence
> >> file.
> >>

> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------

> >> ***SHARP=3DERR=3D+0003: Licence not found!         ***
> >>

> >> Why it complained that the licence is not found. My .licence file is
> >> indeed in $BDG_home.
> >>
> >> Your help is highly appreciated!
> >>

> >> --
> >> *************************************************************
> >> Zhaocai Zhou
> >> School of Life Sciences,
> >> University of Science & Technology of China;
> >> Key Laboratory of Structural Biology,
> >> Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei, Anhui, 230026, P.R.China
> >> Tel:86-551-3607334
> >> Fax:86-551-3607154
> >
> > --
> >
> > ***************************************************************
> > * Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.     vonrhein AT GlobalPhasing DOT com
> > *
> > *  Global Phasing Ltd.
> > *  Sheraton House, Castle Park     Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033
> > *  Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK           Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889
> > *--------------------------------------------------------------
> > * BUSTER Development Group      (http://www.globalphasing.com)
> > ***************************************************************
> >
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Zhaocai Zhou
> School of Life Sciences,
> University of Science & Technology of China;
> Key Laboratory of Structural Biology,
> Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei, Anhui, 230026, P.R.China

--=20

*  Sheraton House, Castle Park     Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033
*  Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK           Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889

--nhYGnrYv1PEJ5gA2

--nhYGnrYv1PEJ5gA2--