[sharp-discuss] transform format

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Dec 14 10:53:52 GMT 2004

Dear Cholien,

in the autoSHARP log file (LISTautoSHARP.html) you will have a link to
the automatic building results. And there should be a button to enter
the 'Phase Improvement and Interpretation' panel. At the top it will
tell you what 'Project ID' this is.

This 'Project ID' is also the name of the directory inside your

  /where/ever/sharpfiles/logfiles

directory. So if you do

  % cd /where/ever/sharpfiles/logfiles/ProjectID
  % ls -ltraL *.mtz

you will then see several MTZ files. These are explained in the manual
(Appendix 1), e.g. at

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/manual/appendix1.html

You can also go to the results page (from your main 'SHARP Control
Panel') and click on the Project.ID link that goes with the automatic
building job you are interested in. This will give you an index of the
relevant directory - just save the required MTZ file (right mouse ->
'Save link as ...').

If you want to use SHARP/autoSHARP results for the original ARP/wARP
version, here are some recommendations:

  1. use the best eden_flat_XX.Ypc.mtz file

  2. use a pre-weighted F as a starting map (FBshasol and PHIBshasol)

  3. use the phased refinement in REFMAC (HLA ... HLD)

Hope that helps.