[sharp-discuss] no electron density around Se

gte977x@mail.gatech.edu gte977x@mail.gatech.edu
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:27:28 -0500

Dear SHARPusers:

I am using SHARP version 3.0.15 to refine 30 Se sites that came out of solve in
space group P212121. MAD data at 3 wavelengths was scaled in scaleit (ccp4) to
2.5 A and was input in SHARP for refining sites. The run converged and gave the
phasing stats but the eden_flattened (including average HA contribution) map
don't show seleniums in electron density. The map shows lots of connectivites
but not very clear secondary structures. Along with these maps I am also loading
the heavy atom sites from the "include PDB files" option in output file. All the
selenium sites were in density after the solve run was completed.

I am not sure what to look for in order to correct this porblem.

Thanks,
Akanksha