[sharp-discuss] Problem with plotting SHARP electron-density maps.

francis@bmsc.washington.edu francis@bmsc.washington.edu
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:41:33 -0800

Hi,
        I recently installed sharp on a linux box (installSHARP -F ).
Everything seems to be working well except that I cannot use O or
XtalView to view electron density maps from the SHARP.  If I try O
with the script option I get the following error:

ERROR in /home/sharpl1/sharp/sushi/cgi-bin/map.pl

The following return values are set:

    * Child error = 65280
    * OS error = Inappropriate ioctl for device
    * Eval error =

Program "/usr/local/CCP4/ccp4" returned an error

The complete path for the installed program is /usr/local/bin/lin_ono
and the actual CCP4 directory is /usr/local/CCP4/ccp4-4.2.2/linux.
I wonder why the script mention "/usr/local/CCP4/ccp4", the first 20
characters of the value of $CCP4.  Perhaps, some string is truncated
at 20 characters.

If I try XtalView similarly, I get the error:
ERROR in /home/sharpl1/sharp/sushi/cgi-bin/map.pl

    The following return values are set:

    * Child error = 256
    * OS error = Inappropriate ioctl for device
    * Eval error =

Error message  :   File "/tmp/31199.dir/xfit.script" cannot be created

However, the sharp account is able to successfull 'mkdir /tmp/31199.dir;
touch /tmp/31199.dir/xfit.script'
    Any suggestions to help correct this problem will be highly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

... Francis Athappilly.