[sharp-discuss] Installation

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 17:13:52 +0100

Hi Earl!

If you restart the computer the SHARP/autoSHARP server is not
necessarily restarted. You might want to add a file into
e.g. /etc/init.d/ and create the apropriate links in /etc/rc5.d (I'm
not sure if these are the correct locations - depends on your Linux
version).

See e.g. at

  http://www.globalphasing.com/fom/cache/17.html

Alternatively, you can always restart by hand:

  1. become the UNIX user that is running the SHARP/autoSHARP server
    (i.e. the same UNIX account that you installed the software under)

     % su - ssoftware

  2. go to the installation directory (i.e. $BDG_home)

     % cd /where/ever/sharp

  3. setup some variables:

     % source ./setup.csh

  4. fire up the server

     % adm/bin/restart_server SHARP

  5. check the server

     % adm/bin/check_server SHARP

  6. kill the server

     % adm/bin/kill_server SHARP

Hope that helps ... let us know if there is anything else!