[sharp-discuss] logfile

Shanti Kunchaparty shanti at csb.yale.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:13:53 GMT 2004

Dear Clemens

Thanks for your reply
Here are the details:

>  /users/shanti/logfiles/KrEl.1/LIST.html
>is specifying a URL, that means this path is relative to the document
>root of the server. So have a look in
>  $BDG_home/users/shanti/logfiles/KrEl.1/LIST.html

should it not look for the log files in $BDG_home/users/shanti/staff/sharpfiles/logfiles
because when I created the account I specified that the sharpfiles should be in
/where_ever/shanti/staff/sharpfiles.

>The error message comes from the fact, that after you submit the job
>(and the browser 'times out'), this file is not present. Can you have
>a look that

 > % ls -lL $BDG_home/users/shanti/logfiles

Currently the link (in $BDG_home/users/shanti) is
sharpfiles -> None.sharp
None.sharp -> /srv/people/shanti/staff//sharpfiles

(which is correct) and not

a link to -> /srv/people/shanti/logfiles

>exists (under the account that you installed SHARP/autoSHARP under)?
>Is there a KrEl.1 directory in there?

There is no KrE1.1 as the job was unable to write to the logfile directory.

>Did you run the 'sueSHARP'
>command?

Yes I did run the useSHARP command as per the email that gets mailed to a new user

>Are the permissions within your
>/srv/people/shanti/staff/sharpfiles directory structure so, that the
>httpd (i.e. the server) can actually write in there? If the httpd is
>running under a UNIX account other than shanti: make sure to specify
>the correct permissions when doing the 'useSHARP' command. Or just
>change the permissions (as user 'shanti'):

 > % cd /srv/people/shanti/staff/sharpfiles
  >% chmod 0777 . *files logfiles.*

The directory has rwx permission for all

Should I recreate the account?

Regards
Shanti

--
Shanti Kunchaparty, Ph.D
(203) 432-5737
shanti at csb.yale.edu

Yale University
Dept. of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
P.O. Box 208114
260 Whitney Ave
New Haven, CT 06520-8114