[sharp-discuss] sharp installation problems on suse 9.3

Jan Abendroth JanAbend at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 21 07:21:45 BST 2005

Hi all,
I am encountering weird problems while trying to install Sharp on my PC
running Suse 9.3 professional. After I downloaded all the required
files, ie.:
- installSHARP
- sushi.tar.gz
- sharp.linux.tar.gz
- helpers_client.linux.tar.gz
- helpers_server.linux.tar.gz
- sharp_tutorials.tar.gz,
and placing the valid .licence file in my $BDG_home, I run installSHARP.
Now the problems start:

- Install SHARP binaries now ? [y]es/[n]o/[e]xit/[s]kip > y

 Machine architecture ( linux ) :
 [linux] >

 Absolute path to the compressed SHARP file(s) ([s]kip) :
 [/home/jan/Programs/Sharp/sharp.linux.tar.gz] >

 extracting /home/jan/Programs/Sharp/sharp.linux.tar.gz ... done

ls: sharp.*.tar.gz: No such file or directory

- Do you want to install them ? [y]es/[n]o/[e]xit/[s]kip > y

 Absolute path to the compressed server helpers file(s) ([s]kip) :
 [/home/jan/Programs/Sharp/helpers_server.linux.tar.gz] >

 extracting /home/jan/Programs/Sharp/helpers_server.linux.tar.gz ... done

... however, eg. not setup-files are generated:
jan at pcjan:~/Programs/Sharp> ls
adm       helpers_client.linux.tar.gz  opsys                   sushi
bin       helpers_server.linux.tar.gz  samples                 sushi.tar.gz
database  installSHARP                 sharp.linux.tar.gz
docs      lib                          sharp_tutorials.tar.gz
helpers   machines                     submit

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Jan

--