[sharp-discuss] output of autoSHARP

Jie Li jli at chori.org
Thu Apr 6 18:46:13 BST 2006

Hi, everyone,

I ran the autoSHARP using some HA positions (totally 34 HA
positions)  from SHELX.  The output from the autoSHARP shows that
0/34 positions are found. Then SHARP refined these HA positions
automatically. The final FOM is   very low, about 0.1.
Does these mean these HA positions are not correct?

In addition, I found that SHARP always generate apparently perfect HA
map calculated from resid.mtz whatever HA positions were put in. How
could I judge the results? Is the density map from eden.mtz is the
only way to judge it? (The density map is so bad that I can hardly
judge the  map quality).

Thanks.

Jie