[sharp-discuss] fft stops

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Sun Apr 9 17:42:51 BST 2006

Hi Jan,

this is (most likely) because during installation our setup routines
took the default way within CCP4 of defining scratch ares:
/tmp/$USER. However, your system might be setup to cleanout /tmp from
time to time ... so /tmp/$USER doesn't exist anymore.

Solution: set CCP4_SCR and BINSORT_SCR to /tmp in the SHARP/autoSHARP
machine-specific configuration files. This can be done in two ways:

  1. edit all files $BDG_home/machines/*/ccp4.setup by hand

  2. run 'adm/bin/ccp4-setup' on each machine

      % cd /where/ever/sharp
      % source ./setup.csh
      % adm/bin/ccp4-setup

CCP4 5.0 is fine - if you want to use CCP4 6.0 you need to create a
link from $CBIN/fft to $CBIN/fftbig (since in 6.0 the FFTBIG program
is now called FFT and the previous FFT program got removed). But this
is completely unrelated to the problem you encountered.