[sharp-discuss] Heavy Atom Search

Noinaj noinaj at uky.edu
Tue Aug 8 16:54:48 BST 2006

Hi,

I am new to SHARP/autoSHARP and have a quick question.  I have performed the Heavy Atom Detection procedure within autoSHARP using SHELXD.  While it seems to return sites, the following NOTE seems to always follow the SHELXD - Cycle 1....

NOTE    : No solution fulfilling quality criteria has been found (after 1000
           trials)

What exactly does this mean?  Are the sites that autoSHARP (SHELXD) does seems to find good or bad?

Thanks in advance for all feedback!

Cheers,
Nick

Nicholas Noinaj
University of Kentucky School of Medicine
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Biomedical Biological Sciences Research Building, Rm 236
741 S. Limestone
Lexington, Ky 40536
Lab:  859-323-8183
Home:  859-228-0978