[sharp-discuss] autosharp with unmerged scalepack file

Jinsong Liu jinsong.liu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:30:55 GMT 2006

Dear All,

Anyone has the Autosharp running with unmerged scalepack file? I took a
scalepack file (with "no merge original index" option) and run autosharp.
There is only "unit cell" in the autosharp setup, so I put in the cell
constant, and the sca file has the space group info in the header. But the
autosharp run failed and complained "difference in space group,
input=(empty) from file=C2221". I can see nowhere I can manually input the
space group information.

So I tried the ccp4i approach and hope I could get around with this problem.
But the run also failed, but with difference error message, "ERROR : data
file output.sca for wavelength 1 is not a MTZ file". In the ccp4i window I
DID choose the "input file is in SCALEPACK (unmerged) format" option.

I'm very confused now. Anyone can give me a clue what went wrong?

Many thanks.

Jinsong

Jinsong Liu, Ph.D.
Investigator
Guangzhou Institute of Biomedicine and Health (GIBH)
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Guangzhou ( Canton ) 510663, China
Phone: 86-20-32290431 (Office)
E-mail: liu_jinsong at gibh.org <liu_jinsong at gibh.ac.cn>