[sharp-discuss] autoSHARP error

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Jul 6 12:56:37 BST 2006

Hi,

something in your setup might be wrong:

  1. are you running through the CCP4 interface? Then make sure that
     $BDG_home points to the correct directory.

  2. have you configured the machine you're trying to run autoSHARP on
     correctly? This is necessary for running autoSHARP through the
     CCP4i interface or through the httpd. Just check that

     - $BDG_home/machines contains a directory (or link) for your
       machine

     - the name of this directory/link is identical to the output of
       'hostname -s' when run on this machine (i.e. too many aliases
       in /etc/hosts or upper-/loer-case issues will give problems)

     - if no directory/link has been found, run this on the machine
       you want to execute autoSHARP on:

         % cd /~our sharp directory~/

         % source ./setup.csh            # tcsh/csh
           - or -
         % . ./setup.sh                  # bash/ksh/sh

         % adm/bin/newmachine `hostname -s`

Hope that helps - if not please let us know.