[sharp-discuss] Problem with NCS detection

Alejandro Buschiazzo alebus at pasteur.fr
Sat Mar 4 09:53:27 GMT 2006

On 04/03/2006, Claus Flensburg <claus at globalphasing.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 02:37:32PM -0500, James M. Vergis wrote:
> > I am having a problem with the NCS detection using SHARP.  When I press
> > "START" in the Phase Improvement and Interpretation Control Planel, the log
> > file created for NCS detection is blank and I get the following error
> > reported in the STDERR file:
> >
> > Scalar found where operator expected at
> > /srv/local/programs/sharp/2.2.0/bin/sharp/getax.pl line 233, near "$section"
> > 	(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
> > syntax error at /srv/local/programs/sharp/2.2.0/bin/sharp/getax.pl line 233,
> > near "$section"
> > Execution of /srv/local/programs/sharp/2.2.0/bin/sharp/getax.pl aborted due
> > to compilation errors.
> >
> > At 1st glance I don't see any problem with that perl script but I may be
> > missing something.
> > Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,
>
> add a semicolon at line 303 of /srv/local/programs/sharp/2.2.0/bin/sharp/getax.pl
> to read:
>
> print "</td></tr>\n";
>
> See also: https://www.globalphasing.com/pipermail/sharp-discuss/2006-February/001724.html
>
> Regards,
>
> ClAuS

Hi, since I was the user involved in that February discussion, I just wanted to add  that although that semicolon did indeed fix the perl script, unfortunately the subsequent obstacle was DM getting confused with the column labels ... (when performing the second, I believe automask, job)

even after applying the suggested patch to the ccp4-5.0.2 cmtzlib_f library, I couldn't get this getax task to work properly inside SHARP (does work if I do it outside)
...so, I gave up, but I'll surely appreciate knowing if this works for you

Cheers,

--
Alejandro Buschiazzo
Unite de Biochimie Structurale - Institut Pasteur