[sharp-discuss] SHARP/autoSHARP and CCP4 6.0

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Mar 16 16:47:52 GMT 2006

Dear all,

since I got that question now several times I thought to give a short
summary/explanation of how to use the latest CCP4 6.0 with the latest
SHARP/autoSHARP (SHARP 2.2.0 and Sushi 3.4.0 - released Nov 09 2005):

 - the CCP4 program FFT has been withdrawn and the program FFTBIG
   renamed to FFT. This means that in your $CBIN directory you will
   only have a single executable: fft.

   Since some of the Sushi/autoSHARP scripts are using 'fftbig' you
   need to create a symbolic link:

     % cd /where/ever/ccp4-6.0/bin
        - or -
     % cd $CBIN

     % ln -s fft fftbig

   The next SHARP/autoSHARP release will have full support for CCP4
   6.0 and this fix should then not be necessary anymore.

 - At the moment you will get a Warning message in autoSHARP when
   running with CCP4 6.0 (since this CCP4 versoin wasn't out when
   SHARP/autoSHARP was released). You can safely ignore that: I've not
   seen any problems running SHARP/autoSHARP with CCP4 6.0 - apart
   from the fft/fftbig one mentioned above.

If you find any issues with SHARP/autoSHARP and CCP4 6.0 - please let
us know.