[sharp-discuss] SAD phase autosharp input

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Apr 10 07:48:17 BST 2007

Dear Yi,

as already mentioned, your sequence file should look like this:

  > some text

  ADFRGQWERTYIPASDFGHKLCVNM*

The column labels of your MTZ file can be anything: since you will
tell autoSHARP what column labels from the MTZ file it should use for
FMID, SMID, DANO, SANO and ISYM. It looks to me that on the very first
page of the autoSHARP input form you told it to use 'unmerged' data
(when it should have been 'merged and scaled'): if you have a
SCALEPACK file in format 'original nomerge' than the 'unmerged' option
is the right one. But with MTZ files: always use 'merged ...'. You
will then see input boxes for each dataset to tell the program about
column labels.