[sharp-discuss] DM output cards

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Apr 10 16:34:29 BST 2007

Dear Yi,

yes, you should always use the best map for model building (either by
hand on the graphics or with automatic tools like ARP/wARP etc).

However, I thought your question was about restrained refinement 9and
not model building)? If you want to add experimental phase information
as a restraint to your model refinement you need to be aware that
those phase restraints will be used in the form of (phase)
probabilities: and you can only combine different probabilities if
they're independent. Also, phase probabilities after density
modification (at least using the methods in SHARP/autoSHARP - DM and
SOLOMON, i.e. 'classical' density modification) will lead to an
over-estimate of the accuracy of those phases.

  for maps: use best amplitude/phase for calculating the map
  (e.g. FBshasol/PHIBshasol from eden_flat*.mtz)

  for refinement: use HLA-D from eden.mtz