[sharp-discuss] HLAshasol, patched SIGMAA

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Apr 26 14:32:14 BST 2007

Dear Imre,

for buccaneer the HLAdm-HLDdm should be fine. I guess it only uses the
HLs to calculate the initial map?

I usually look at the SOLOMON maps, since I find them 'nicer'
(whatever that means) than the DM maps. Probably because the masking
in SOLOMON (based on local-standard-deviation in a small sphere) gives
a bit more detail than the method in DM (auto-WANG mask: usually
rather large spheres). But this is personal choice I guess. So you
could also convert the FBshasol/PHIBshasol into HLs: there is a
utility coming with CCP4/Clipper.