[sharp-discuss] Sharp installation on Tiger

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Wed Feb 28 11:12:10 GMT 2007

Dear Melissa,

You decided to use the OsX supplied binary /usr/sbin/httpd: are you
sure this is

 - a Apache 1.3.X version?

 - not heavily modified by Apple (i.e. several modules included by
   default in the standard version might be only available as loadable
   modules)?

I would first try and use our supplied httpd binary (which should have
been selected by default during the 'installSHARP -F' step anyway),
for you in

  /Users/mae31/Applications/Sharp/helpers/darwin/httpd

If this doesn't work, you might need to compile your own Apache
(1.3.37) httpd binary. Our distributed binary seems to not work on
your particular OsX/Tiger version.

Have a look at the file

  /Users/mae31/Applications/Sharp/helpers/*/httpd.README_GPhL

that should tell you how you may want to compile the httpd (obviously
changing some of the paths to your own setup). You can get the latest
1.3.X version of the httpd from www.apache.org.