[sharp-discuss] Installing SHARP in Mac intel

abel garcia agarciap at vub.ac.be
Wed Apr 30 17:02:06 BST 2008

Dear all:
I am trying to install SHARP 2.2.0 on an intel MacBook pro OsX (Tiger), and
the installation looked all right, except when I tried to test the program
using the web interface, after finding the heavy atoms positions with, that
it moved to refinement with SHARP, it stopped with the error message:

***SHARP-ERR-0001: Error in bomb : STATUS =  WRONG_HARDWARE        ***

I noticed that when SHARP was launched it printed:

Version : sharp 2.2.0 for darwin-g95 made on Oct 24 2005 at 20:20:11

This shows that version I am running is not for intel-Mac, but the
downloading site offers only one choice for Mac, so I was wondering if
during the installation I have to select a particular option? Or the problem
is that the current version of SHARP does not run in intel-Mac?

Cheers
Abel