[sharp-discuss] recurring bug in Sharp - rantan points site outside the box

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Jun 26 08:27:38 UTC 2008

Hi Artem,

are you sure you're still running RANTAN for finding the sites? It is
highly recommended to use SHELXC/D for that step (or finding the sites
outside of autoSHARP with your favourite detection program). SHELXD is
the default in the current SHARP/autoSAHRP version.

Are you maybe running a very old version of our software? Or are you
using RANTAN by choice (why)?

The problem you're reporting should have been fixed in the latest
version (whiich is from November 2005) I hope. What spacegroup do you
have?