[sharp-discuss] ccp4 version

Claus Flensburg claus at globalphasing.com
Thu Mar 13 09:04:07 GMT 2008

Dear Imre,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 09:05:06AM +0100, Imre Toeroe wrote:
> Hi SHARPers,
>
> I am using a beta CCP4 (6.0.99c). SHARP stops as it is unable to
> determine the ccp4 version. Do you know how  SHARP determines the ccp4
> version,  which file contains the detection script?

autoSHARP checks the CCP4 version in $BDG_home/bin/sharp/autoSHARP/checks.sh.
The script calls into a shell library at $BDG_home/lib/libxtal.sh.

Essentially the version number is obtained by running maptona4.

Please try the attached script. I get:

~/scripts/getccp4version.sh
CCP4 program maptona4 is :/mnt/gimli1/claus/tmp/ccp4-cvs-snapshot/bin/maptona4
CCP4 version is          :6.0.99c

The only way autoSHARP will error out on checking the CCP4 version is if
the getccp4version shell function returns nothing. Have you build CCP4
with dynamic binaries? If so, does the BDG_ccp4so variable in
$BDG_home/machine$(your machine)/ccp4.setup point to the correct
directories?

With best wishes,

ClAuS