[sharp-discuss] ISYM column

Phil Evans pre at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 10:21:24 CEST 2010

ctruncate ought to output ISYM and may do in future when someone gets round to it.
ctruncate gives some more useful statistics than old truncate.
In due course I shall probably incorporate ctruncate into my successor program to Scala (working title Aimless), and I'll probably output ISYM (but see point 2  below)

The longer answers are:-

1. ISYM only makes a marginal difference anyway in nearly all cases (though it should be used)

2. there has been a (slow) move in the CCP4 programs to use F+ & F- (or indeed I+ & I-), rather than Fmean & Dano, which is arguably better, since programs can then decide themselves what to do

3. Sharp/autoSharp works on files without ISYM as long as you give a blank assignment

Phil