[sharp-discuss] hang when using sphcluster?

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Thu Apr 28 23:19:38 CEST 2011

Hi Sharpers

I've got a reasonable complete MIRAS heavy atom model (gives traceable
phases, ~5A) that contain a heavy atom cluster as one of the MIRAS
compounds. Up to now, out of four heavy atom clusters, the first one
has had the SPHCLUSTER definition. However, when I try to add the
sphcluster definition  (just to see if the PP for this cluster
increases, it currently drops below 1 at about 8A) to all my G-sites
for that compound (4 in total) and refine everything (with or without
external phase information) I get a hang in SHARP. I've had a job
running at 100% for a day now.

No clue from LIST.html or any of the files in that directory on what's
going on? Wait longer?

Any advice welcome!

Francis E. Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB