[sharp-discuss] Space group I2

Phil Evans pre at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 11:09:14 CEST 2011

1. It is the IUCr "standard" if it gives a smaller beta angle than C2
2. You may get a less oblique cell (in our case close to 90deg) so when coot selects a block of map it looks more sensible
3. very oblique cells may lead to interpolation errors, if not done correctly
4. there are cases which are I2 but pseudo-I222, and this makes their relationship clear
5. all (nearly all) other programs support it
6. it is a standard space group
7. there shouldn't be any difficulty in supporting it

Same goes for eg P 2 21 21  etc

Phil