[sharp-discuss] Fav,SigFav in a SAD exp?

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Dec 6 17:01:49 CET 2011

Hi Francis,

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 10:15:01PM -0700, Francis E Reyes wrote:
> Can someone explain what Fav,SigFav in a SAD experiment is ?

To put it simply:

  FP/SIGFP are the Fp* in sync with the HLA-D

  Fav/SIGFav is the average amplitude of Fp*

I guess you're asking about SAD for a particular reason? Let's guess:
it's related to datasets either having heavy atoms in them or not?

Nearly always you want to use

 * for refinement including experimental phase probabilities in form
   of Hendrickson-Lattmann coefficients:

     FP/SIGFP and (optionally) HLA-D

 * calculating maps (including average heavy atom contribution)

     FB/PHIB

 * calculating maps for light-atoms only (ie atoms invisible to
   phasing because they are not specified in input):

    Fcent/PHIcent

If you give a bit more detail I can try and give some more info ...