[sharp-discuss] sharp error: No column "FP" of type "F" found in file

Sabine Schneider sabine.schneider at mytum.de
Fri Nov 4 13:49:29 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

I got an Fe peak dataset extending to about 4A. I also got a native
dataset to 2.6A and a crapy MR solution.
Symmetry seems to be P43212, 1mol/asu
I want to use sharp to combine all these and hope to get interpretable
maps.
So I used CAD to add to put the native togehter with the peak data and
the phases from Phaser.

First I used the MR phases to find the iron (1 in 30kDa) in an anomalous
difference fourir map. - looks reasonable

So I fed autosharp (1 wavelength MIR) with the mtz from CAD
(ccp4-6.2.0). The first thing I noticed that despite beeing defined as
'expert user', sharp does not automatically gives me the option 'using
external phases'. This wasn't showing up either when re-running an old
job, where I had used that option with a different mtz file in sharp of
autosharp.

Since I didn't want to use the MR phases initially anyway, I just
ignored it and keep going.
But when I submitted the job to sharp it stopped with the

       1.1.2 Columns
  ERROR   : No column "FP" of type "F" found in file

/home/sabine/Progs_scripts/sharp/users/sabine/None.sharp/datafiles/XXX.mtz!

Doing mtzdmp on the file from CAD returns:
H K L FP SIGFP FreeR_flag FP_pk SIGFP_pk DANO_pk SIGDANO_pk ISYM FWT
PHWT HLA HLB HLC HLD

Than I run CAD  again and produced a file without the phases and  got a
file only with H K L FP SIGFP F_pk SIGF_pk DANO_pk SIGDANO_pk ISYM_pk

Which returns the same sharp error.

An old job of mine is running , also as I said the external-phase panel
is not visible.
I upgraded Ubuntu 9.10 a while back to 10.4 - I haven't used sharp since
than.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Sabine

Dr. Sabine Schneider