[sharp-discuss] sharp error: No column "FP" of type "F" found in file

Mark J van Raaij mjvanraaij at cnb.csic.es
Fri Nov 4 14:15:41 CET 2011

Hi Sabine,
first I'd say you have to ascertain whether your MR solution is correct or not. If it's incorrect, there is no point using it, it will only make things worse. If it's correct but phases are bad because the search model is not similar in structure to the new structure, then it may have some use. Does the MR solution predict any side-chain density not present in the search model but that should be present in your new structure.
If you don't want to use the MR phases, then just give AutoSharp the two datasets separately and let it take care of the scaling etc. We solved a Fe-MAD structure last year with AutoSharp for which I could not get good phases using any other program. 2.2 A remote, 2.9 A infl. and worse than 3 A peak if I remember correctly.
I have never done "MR-SAD" (i.e. MR plus peak) in Sharp so will leave that part for the experts - but it is easy to do in AutoRickshaw or Phenix.
For MR-MAD (MAR plus two or more wavelengths) I don't know if there is software that can do that easily...
Mark

Mark J van Raaij
Laboratorio M-4
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas