[sharp-discuss] Tutorials for running SHARP manually?

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Sep 29 11:19:02 CEST 2011

Hi Francis,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 08:32:47AM -0600, Francis E Reyes wrote:
> I'm a big fan of the tutorials for SHARP, except that they all seem to be with autoSHARP. Are there any (probably older) in depth tutorials for running SHARP? (and if possible for any datasets in the 3-5A range? i.e. low res).

There are some older (well, actually very old) tutorials for SHARP
that we rather not make visible again: they are so outdated, that it
will create more confusion than help.

Is there a specific type of low-res dataset/project you would be
interested in? Anisotropic diffraction, non-isomorhous derivatives,
anomalous SAD/MAD data, radiation damage, cluster compounds (TaBr),
NCS, partial MR model available ... combinations thereof?

We could have a look to see which public dataset would be most similar
to your case - and write a tutorial about it. We have lots of private
datasets that could fit your bill though ...