[sharp-discuss] Sharp Control Panel

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Sep 29 11:33:04 CEST 2011

Hi Kristen,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 02:22:44PM -0700, Kristen Eisenberg wrote:
> It may appear bit wired, but unfortunately true.

Nothing weird about that.

> I am using the Sharp/autoSharp from CCP4 interface. I have used auto
> SHARP from CCP4 interface to solve a structure but have no luck yet
> to the see the SUSE interface in my computer.

I guess you mean the 'Sushi interface'.

> When I am giving the
> # $BDG_home/adm/bin/check_server
>
> it is showing

It should at least show something ;-)

Anyway, the sequence for starting the Sushi server is

  % cd /where/ever/sharp

  % . ./setup.sh              # bash/sh/ksh/zsh
    - or -
  % source ./setup.csh        # tcsh/csh

  % adm/bin/kill_server SHARP
  % adm/bin/restart_server SHARP
  % adm/bin/check_server SHARP

If there are errors, it is most likely that the httpd (running the
Sushi interface) isn't working. See eg.

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/wiki/index.cgi?TroubleSushiServerHttpd

for some information about that.

Does that help? It is worth investing a bit of time getting the
httpd/Sushi interface working - it allows much more control than the
CCP4i interface and has a lot of additional features and options
(cluster compounds, partial models, NCS detection etc etc).